All new 2014 plans offer these required essential health benefits:
- Outpatient services
- Emergency services
- Maternity and newborn care
- Mental health and substance use disorder, including behavioral health treatment
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices
- Laboratory services
- Preventive and wellness services and chronic disease management
- Pediatric dental and vision
Preventive services will be paid at 100 percent with no copay when you see an in-network provider. Other benefit costs apply towards deductible and will be paid for after you meet your deductible. Depending on the plan you choose, you may still be responsible for paying a copay and coinsurance.
It is important to note that these benefits come with a higher price of coverage. In addition, approximately 10% of the new monthly premiums are taxes which will help pay for the start up of the Marketplace enrollment system and tax subsidies for eligible citizens.